Sunday, June 13, 2010

Talk is Cheap; It's your walk that is deep.

How are you today? Are you ready for a new week? I pray that you will have a blessed week.   I wrote a new poem titled Talk is Cheap; it’s your walk that is deep. It will be out shortly.

I was blessed with the opportunity to be the MC for a retirement party of someone who is very dear to me over the weekend. Her name is Frances. She is a woman of integrity, perseverance, kindness and faith. Those are only a few of her many characteristics. There were so many wonderful and kind words that were said about Frances. It was an honor to be part of such a beautiful occasion.

What I love about Frances is that she not only talks the talk, but she walks the walk.

You see talk is cheap. It’s your walk that is deep. People can talk all they want; however, in the end what did their actions say? Talk is cheap. It’s your walk that is deep.

I met Frances many years ago when we attended the same church. We worked in the Children ministry together. You can get to know someone pretty well when you work with children.  I was always touched by Frances willingness to serve and help others. Over the years she has given so much of her time and love to help others. As one person said yesterday at her retirement party, she is a seed sower.

Frances is a woman of faith. Over the years, I saw Frances go through many challenges trusting God without wavering in her faith. I saw her work as a crossing guard in which she helped many children cross back and forth across the busy intersection that isn’t far from my home. There were many mornings that she didn’t see me, but I saw her. She always had a smile on her face. A passing stranger would have no idea of what she was going through or the pain that she might have been in at that particular moment. As I passed by, I would shoot up a prayer to God, asking Him to take care of Her. God is faithful and always did.

Frances knows how to hold on to God when she faces challenges in her life; she constantly gives Him praise. I can’t ever recall a time when I heard her say an unkind word about anyone or anything. She always said that Rome wasn’t built in a day and that God always makes a way. Not only is Frances a woman of faith, but she also taught her children how to have a relationship with Him.

How do you handle the storms in your life? If you are one of those people who have been fortunate enough not to have any storms, praise God. You are truly a blessed person. However, for the majority of us, storms do arise in our lives from time to time. Once again, it’s goes back to talk is cheap. It’s our walk that is deep. Frances has weathered many storms in her life with the Lord as her guide. She trusted Him to calm the seas in her life.

And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep. And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish. And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. (Matthew 8:24-26).

How do you handle the rough seas in your life?

Without faith it is impossible to please God. God is a rewarder of those who diligently seek him. (Hebrews 11:6).

It’s not always easy to see beyond your circumstances. The doctor gives you a bad report, you bank account is empty, the bills need to be paid, you lost your job, you have money, but not enough and the list goes on and on. These are only a few of many things that could happen in our day to day lives. Let’s not forget about those who just like drama, because it’s that kind of a day.  Do you know anyone like that? If so, tell them about Jesus.

I remember like yesterday, when my bank account was robbed, my husband left me, I was pregnant and I had holes in my shoes. I must tell you, in the natural sense, I felt awful bad. I am so thankful that I had a relationship with the Lord. He directed my path to another dear friend of mine by the name of Thelma who recently turned eighty-five. At that time she was 68 and I must tell you she has not aged one bit. She still looks the same. Anyway, my dear Thelma who is also known as Grammy knew that something was wrong. She began to sing a song titled “He will see you through the storm.” God used that song to remind me of who I was, but most of all who He was. When I left her house, I called upon the Lord and asked Him “what was a single mom to do?” He whispered trust me. He told me to honor Him with my tithes and offerings. Now, I have to tell you, my bank account had just been robbed, but never the less I was obedient to what God told me to do. God told me He would open up the doors of heaven and pour out blessings that I couldn’t contain and that He would rebuke the devourer for my sake.

Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. 11And I will rebuke the devourer for your sakes, and he shall not destroy the fruits of your ground; neither shall your vine cast her fruit before the time in the field, saith the LORD of hosts. (Malachi 3:10-11)..

God was true to what He said. That was seventeen years ago. God is a faithful God. Over the years He has blessed me with excellent health, healthy children, and excellent schools for my children and now praises to God, college scholarships for my children, good friends, wonderful family, unspeakable joy, peace, His favor, promotions, business opportunities and most of all a wonderful relationship with Him. I couldn’t ask for anything more. The tithe was about trust. God wanted to see if I would trust Him.

I can’t say life is always easy but I can say with God all things are possible and He always makes a way. I believe, just as Frances believes that God is who He says He is. His word does not return back void. He will do what He said He would do. All it takes is a willingness to trust, obey and have faith to know that God is real. He is not complicated.

What are you in need of today? God is waiting to hear from you.

Don’t let your talk be cheap. Let your walk be deep. Someone is watching you looking to see what will you do? Trust Him. You will be glad you did. At least, I know I am.

Do you need prayer today? If so, please feel free to send me a comment. Let me know if you want it posted or not.  Remember that you are loved because Jesus loved you first.

God bless you and have a wonderful week.

http://www.anointedgifts.net/

1 comment: