Monday, November 15, 2010

Be Encouraged. Life is like an ocean.


It was on my heart today, to tell everyone to be encouraged. Life can be like an ocean sometimes. One day the sky is blue and beautiful. Next thing you know the dark clouds start rolling in and the sea that was once calm is now a sea of rough waves and dips.

I read this recently. “When the sea becomes troubled, the ship pays no regard unto anyone. It just rocks from side to side. If the children are asleep, if the sick are in pain, if the family is languishing, if the aged are convalescing in their reclining chairs, if death summons has entered, it makes no difference; just stay on board. Remember this is a sailor’s life. ”What it means to Pray Through.” By E.J. Dabney.

No matter what we go through God is the captain of our ship. Not only is He the captain of our ship, He is the maker of the sea. There will never be a better captain than our heavenly father. Unlike some captains, God doesn’t abandon His ship. Eventually those rough waves will diminish into a sea of calmness looking up to a blue sky once again. Stay on board folks and let God do His work. Praise the Lord! The sea is calm once again.


I have a quick testimony. I spoke to a beautiful group of women at my church a few weeks ago about not looking at our circumstances but look to God. Stand on His word and praise Him through those rough times as well as the good times. About two to three days after speaking to the women, I had so many crazy things happen in my private life ranging from a hot water heater breaking and flooding my neighbor’s townhome right while they were in the middle of buyers looking at their property. That was only the start of many things that happened that week. I must admit it got a little challenging for me. My neighbor was the one who gave me the book I quoted from What it means to pray through by E.J. Dabney who has since gone on to be with the Lord. Not only was I blessed with that book which is one of the most beautiful, powerful, anointed books I have read in a long time but God worked everything out for His glory.

I am so thankful for God and all the wonderful people that I have been blessed with in my life time. Remember what Satan means for evil God will turn it around and work it for His good. "Joy does come in the morning." Trust Him, Praise Him, And Glorify Him. We are overcome by our testimonies which give glory to our God. No one ever said ministry work would be easy, but praise God we have Him to see us through. Have a blessed week everyone and remember just because you don't see it doesn't mean it's not there. It's called faith.  Jesus loves you.


www.anointedgifts.net

No comments:

Post a Comment