Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Are you in the Center of God's will?


What does it mean to be in the Center of God’s will? Have you ever really thought about that question? I hear so many people say, I want God’s will in my life.  Many people say they want to be in the center of God’s will; however, when the storms come rolling in, many panic and want to jump ship. To be in God’s will doesn’t mean everything is always going to be easy. What it does mean is that God has you. That’s good enough for me. He tells us in His word, "I will never leave nor forsake you".  (Hebrews 13:5).
When I was younger, trying to do things my own way, I ran into disappointment, disappointment and more disappointment. I still run into disappointment from time to time; however, it’s a joyous disappointment because I know I am in the center of God’s will. I would rather be disappointment in the center of God’s will than doing my own thing and become disappointed. It’s like a child who wants a new bike, but the parents say no. The child was disappointed about not getting that bike, so he goes out and steals a bike. He gets caught and is put in a juvenile home. Rather than accepting the no from his parents, he goes outside of their parental guidance and tries to do his own thing. Now he is suffering the consequences of His actions.


When we are in the center of God’s will He knows what is best for us and the end result will be victorious. Whereas, when we are out there doing our own thing, the end result may result in a tragic outcome. The good news is that Jesus loves us and will help us get back on the right track, if we ask Him, but why go through that, if you don’t have to.


Jesus, the son of God, our savior even had a moment of exceeding sorrow. “Then He said to them. “My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death. Stay here and watch.” He went a little farther and fell on the ground, and prayed that if it were possible, the hour might pass from Him. Abba, Father, all things are possible for you. Take this cup away from Me; nevertheless, not what I will, but what you will.” (Mark: 14:34-36).


Imagine where we would be if Jesus had said to His father “you know what I know it’s your will, but I can’t do this.” It’s too hard. I don’t want to die. Personally, I can’t even imagine that for a second. We would all be lost.


Lord, “let your will be done, not mine.” That is so easy to say but is its not so easy to do?  For me it’s not easy, but it’s the best thing I have ever done in my life. It’s worthwhile, because I know that if God said it, He will do it.

For those of you are facing challenges because you said Lord, “Let thy will be done” know that there isn’t any challenge greater than God. God leads us and guides us all the way. He told us in His word “In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:6)

Faith is the substance of all things hoped for and the evidence of things unseen. God is beyond our circumstances. What we see are circumstances. What does God word say?  His word says if I be for you, who can be against you? His word says, “Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and those whose hope is in the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its root by the river, and will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit. “(Jeremiah 17: 7-8).


Trust God. Everything we go through is for God’s glory. He has you. He has me. It’s been four months since my lay off. Do I have challenges? Yes I do? Am I stressed? I can honestly say no, I’m not. I learned to cast my cares on the Lord. I believe God will do what He said He would do. It’s that simple. I am in the center of His will. I don’t doubt that for a moment. He is leading and directing my path. This is not about me. We are overcome by our testimonies.

There is a song titled "Say what you need to say."  I say that God is who He said He is.  I say that God sent His only begotten son that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life."  I say that God will never leave nor forsake us, because He said He wouldn't. 

God's word is good enough for me.  His word keeps me in the center of His will not stressed out by circumstances, walking by faith and knowing that my help cometh from Him.  I can't think of a better place to be.  Can you?

http://www.anointedgifts.net/





No comments:

Post a Comment