Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Testimony: 3-28-02 How Anointed Gifts & Services Started

God is a Provider!

Being a single mother of three sons, finances tend to get tight. I am a tither. I know that tithing is a covenant with the Lord. It shows him that we trust him. I stand on God’s word. I thanked God for what he had already done in my life and then I prayed and asked him for help in my finances.

God gave me the scripture II Kings 4:1-7, which speaks of the lady who was about to loose her sons because she didn't have enough money to pay her debts. She went to Elisha, to ask for advice. Elisha asked her if she had any goods to sell? The only thing she had was some oil. He told her to go to her neighbors and ask them for baskets. She did. She had more than enough baskets to put the oil in. He told her to take the oil to the market place, which she did. It was more than enough to pay off her debts. I asked God what was my oil? He said to me "I have given you much, now it is up to you what you will do with it. I called my pastor and he prayed with me over the phone. The church was having a holiday fair in November, which I attended. It was my first business adventure. On the morning of the holiday fair, my car wouldn't start, but God always has a ram in the bush. I called one of my friends and she took me to the marketplace. The Lord gave her a word for me from Proverbs " Despise not the day of small beginnings." I went to the marketplace. I did okay. I was able to pay for the booth I rented and had enough left over to buy some fish dinners for the kids (smile). I remembered the scripture given to me, "Despise not the day of small beginnings."

The word of God states that I am the head and not the tail; A lender and not a borrower; I can do all things through Christ.

I will succeed!

This is the only the beginning. I speak by faith. Every thing we do should glorify our Father, which is in heaven. The ideas, the creativity, the talent all come from our heavenly father. I thank him. The Lord has given me over one hundred verses of poetry, several plays, speeches, and a powerful vision of the power and authority we possess through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. I praise him. I am only a vessel that he uses. This is the oil given to me by him. He has given each and every one of us oil. It is up to us how we use that oil. I want to use my oil to glorify Christ.

I am in the process of marketing, networking and getting the word out about my business, but most of all about how good God is! He is a provider like none other. He is my father. He is everything we need.

We must believe, trust and keep the faith. God takes me one-step closer each day. As I continue to acknowledge him in all my ways and lean not to my own under-standing, he directs my path.
Let his will be done, not mine. To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment