Sunday, April 4, 2010

Daddy Knows Best

Over the years, I have come to learn that God does know best. When I was younger, I was one of those people who would pray for things that I thought I wanted. Sometimes, I actually got them only to end up disappointed. You see some of those things weren't in line with what God wanted for me; however, we do have a thing called free will. There were times when I operated in my own free will, rather than obeying what God was showing me to do. I have to tell you, I should have listened to God. Now that I am older and a little wiser, I know that God knows what is best for me; therefore, I seek His will for my life. I trust Him to give me the best. He never fails. The New Living Translation reads "Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take." (Proverbs 3:6). The King James Version reads “In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths." (Proverbs 3:6). Now don't get me wrong, I'm human. It is difficult at times to submit; especially when it goes against something I want. However, when it is all said and done, I know without a doubt that Daddy (God) knows best. “The thoughts that God have for us are not of evil but of peace so that we will know that there is hope in a future” (Jeremiah 29:12).  A mentor and a very dear friend of mine once said to me “If you don't learn your lesson, you will repeat the class. Do you want to continue going through life repeating the same class?” My answer was “no I don't”. From that day forward I made a choice that I was going to obey God, no matter what. It's the best decision that I ever made.  How are you letting God direct your path each day?















The next Evening of Inspiration is Saturday, May 1st, 2010.  Hope to see you there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment