Sunday, May 9, 2010

Let Go! Let God! LET IT BE.

The week of April 25th was an emotional week for me. When God told me to start doing these encouragement writings, one of the things that He told me to do was write about some of the issues that I face in life and how He brings me through them. At first I thought, ok not a problem God. Some folks are going to think I’m crazy, but I can’t think of anything that I would rather be than CRAZY for God.

However, I must admit it’s not as easy as I thought it was going to be. In order to share my issues it requires totally honesty. I am a very open person with people I know, but to open up to those I don’t know, well like I said it’s not always easy; however, I will be obedient to what God has called me to do. I know by doing so, He will get the glory.

How many of you have heard “Let Go and Let God”? How many out there have said “Well I did let go and let God”. However, did you LET IT BE?  The next thing you know maybe a year, a month, a few days or the very next day, you find yourself picking that very thing back up again "BECAUSE YOU DIDN’T LET IT BE".

Praise God if you don't fall into this category. To be honest, I do fall into this category from time to time.  For instance today, I found myself thinking about something that I know God told me to be still about. I wanted to pick it up again. I even cried about it. Finally after all the emotional drama, I told God about it. Let me tell you, God is real; He listens to every word. The good thing about God is that, when we stop talking long enough and listen, He answers. He gave me the scriptures II Corinthians 10:5, Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalted itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. God reminded me that we have the power through His word to bind up anything that tries to bring us back into captivity. The final choice is ours to make. Do we want to be in captivity or do we want the freedom that God gave to us? I can tell you once again, I know that no matter how emotional I may get at times, I truly do desire God’s will in my life. I repented and thank God for being there for me. He didn't condemn me and He didn't force me to choose His way. He gave me an option and let me make the choice. I chose to continue to leave it with God. That’s how good our God is. He is there for everyone. All you need to do is talk to Him. He is waiting to hear from you today.    LET GO.  LET GOD.   LET IT BE.


Feel free to log on under comments and share your thoughts on this subject.  Pick Anonymous and sign your name at the bottom of your comment.  All comments are reviewed prior to posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment