Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Do you love God?

It’s so easy to say we trust God when everything is going right in our lives, but what happens when things take a turn for the worst?

Do we still trust Him? Do we obey God when He tells us to do something that would seem to go against what we see in our natural circumstances?

What is trust? Webster defines trust as faith, belief, hope, conviction, confidence, expectation, reliance, and dependence.

The Bible says Let not your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust in me also. (John 14:1). Thou will keep him in perfect peace; whose mind is stayed on thee; because he trusteth in thee. Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength. (Isaiah 26:3-4).

The Bible Dictionary defines trust as *Faith.

What is Faith? Webster defines faith as confidence, trust, reliance, assurance, conviction, belief, devotion, loyalty, faithfulness, commitment, dedication.

The Bible says Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. By Faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. (Hebrews 11: 1-3). But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him. (Hebrews 11:6).

What is Love? Webster defines love as feel affection for, adore, worship, be love with, be devoted to, care for, find irresistible, be keen on, be fond of.

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. (1 John 4: 7-9).

There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. We love him, because he first loved us. (1 John 4: 18-19).

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (John 3:16).

What is obedience? Webster defines obedience as compliance, agreement, submission, respect, duty, deference, conformity.

Not everyone who says to me, Master, Master, will enter the Kingdom of the Heavens, but only those who are obedient to my Father who is in Heaven. (Matthew 7:21). And Samuel said, Hath the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices, as in obeying the voice of the Lord? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. (I Sam 15:22).

If trust means faith and faith means trust and we say we love God, than what does obedience mean to you? Do you obey God?

Shouldn’t we obey God, if we love Him? Is obedience a part of love?

Do you trust God today? How do you handle circumstances when they seem difficult? Do you look at your circumstances and become afraid of what you see? Do you tell God that you trust Him, yet worry about tomorrow, about your future or do you trust God to take care of your tomorrow and future?

And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. (Matthew 6: 28-34).

God tells us in Jeremiah 29:12 “The thoughts that God have for us are not of evil but of peace so that we will know that there is hope in a future”.

The question I ask today “Is Do we believe God and His word? If your answer is yes, what are you doing to demonstrate your belief? What is your testimony?

How do you handle your circumstances when everything is going good? Do you praise God in the midst of your circumstances, no matter what, whether they are good or bad?

I can honestly tell you I have had my share of ups and downs in life. I can also honestly tell you that God has always been there. His word is true. It’s has always been up to me to believe His word. God was faithful to give me His word and give me instructions on how to handle difficult situations as they arise in my life. God has never demanded that I follow Him or His word. He simply said, I love you my child which is evident by my son Jesus Christ. It has always been my decision to choose whether or not to believe His word. My choice is to believe Him at all cost. I know that He won’t fail me.

Ask yourselves these questions today. Do you love God? If the answer is yes, do you trust God? If the answer is yes, do you have faith? If the answer is yes, do you obey God? If the answer is yes, do you pay tithes? Do you honor God in all areas of your life? Is there any fear in your life that would hinder you from being obedient?

There is no wrong or right answer. God doesn’t judge us. He loves us unconditionally. God desires a relationship with all of His children. He desires for us to be honest with ourselves and with Him. By doing, so He can take us into a deeper understanding of who He is. God isn’t complicated. He loves, He forgives, He redeems, He delivers, He saves and He grants us everlasting life.

All we need to do is go to Him and He will answer. If the answer was no to any of those questions, simply tell God, you want to have a relationship with Him and than establish one. God will do the rest. God’s word will not return void.

Take this time to ask God to search your hearts. Ask Him to remove any unclean images or faults that would keep you from serving Him. Psalms 139: 23-24 says “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. We need God. The good news is that we have Him.

I talk about how God tells us to bring Him in remembrance of His word in my book titled “Hope is Alive” which is available for purchase at http://www.anointedgifts.net/. It’s so important for us to know that God is everything. He will see us through any difficult situation in our lives if we trust Him. We need faith. Without faith nothing happens. Love is the greatest gift to all mankind and through obedience, the blessings of God come.

So remember, if you love God, obey Him, Trust Him and keep the faith. Pray for His will in your life. Lean to His understanding and not your own. Allow Him to direct your path. (Proverbs 3:6).

I was laid off of my job in corporate America a few weeks ago. I can honestly tell you that I have perfect peace. For the first time in my life, I am not worried about a thing. I know that God has me and my family. My trust, my hope and my faith are in God. I am standing on His word and I know without a doubt that He has us. I am not where I should be, but I praise God I’m not where I use to be. Praise God that He is always faithful even when we aren’t. I know that I have the greatest love of a lifetime. To God be the Glory.

I am available for prayer if needed and can be reached through my website @ www.anointedgifts.net. Feel free to leave me your email information on my sign up form or call me if you desire. Leave me a message if you get my voicemail and I will return the phone call.

My desire is that everyone understands that Jesus loves us. We can help each other get to where we need to go. It takes everyone working together to overcome the difficulties of this world. We need love to do that. Thank God, He sent His son Jesus to show us the way.





http://www.anointedgifts.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment